- 1 How do you properly cut a watermelon?
- 2 What knife do you use to cut a watermelon?
- 3 How do you cut a watermelon like a pro?
- 4 Can you use an electric knife to cut a watermelon?
- 5 How do you cut a watermelon into cubes?
- 6 How do you cut a watermelon for a party?
- 7 How do you cut a small watermelon?
- 8 Should I wash watermelon?
- 9 Can you cut watermelon with dental floss?
How do you properly cut a watermelon?
How to Cut a Watermelon
- Rinse and dry the whole watermelon.
- Slice it in half crosswise (you’ll end up with two circular, versus oblong pieces).
- Cut off the stem end.
- Place the watermelon cut side down on a cutting board.
- Holding your knife at an angle, cut down towards the cutting board to remove the rind and white flesh.
What knife do you use to cut a watermelon?
Cut the watermelon in half with a big, heavy chef’s knife. It should split easily.
How do you cut a watermelon like a pro?
How To Cut Watermelon Like A Pro
- Place the cutting board in a baking sheet.
- Place the watermelon horizontal on the cutting board.
- Cut the end off of the watermelon.
- Cut the other end off of the watermelon.
- Turn the watermelon over on it’s end so that it stands up.
- Carefully cut a strip down the side of the watermelon.
Can you use an electric knife to cut a watermelon?
The rind is extremely difficult to slice through. Recently, my husband suggested I use the electric meat- carving knife. This worked so quickly and smoothly, I will use it for watermelon, squash and pumpkin rind.”
How do you cut a watermelon into cubes?
Slice the watermelon in half crosswise, and cut off the rind. Cut the peeled half into 1-inch or larger slices. Stack two or three slices and cut into strips, then cut across the strips to make cubes. Make all of your cuts the same width to make the best looking cubes.
How do you cut a watermelon for a party?
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Cut off the top.
- I place the pattern (bowl in shape of a heart) on the top of the watermelon.
- Turn watermelon upside down.
- Cut watermelon into wedges around the heart.
- Slice the watermelon heart horizontally into a few slices, so it will be easy to eat for guests.
How do you cut a small watermelon?
With a sharp knife, slice the watermelon across its width starting from one end. Cut each slice into one-quarter to one-half inch slices until you have reached the other end. Finally, repeat with the remaining quarter and other half of the watermelon.
Should I wash watermelon?
The main reason it’s recommended that you wash your watermelon is to remove any dirt or other unseen “stuff” that might linger on the outside and be transferred to the inside of the watermelon when you cut into it. It actually comes from the USDA, the FDA and the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Can you cut watermelon with dental floss?
The hack, which we first spotted when it was shared on Reddit a while ago, shows someone using dental floss to cut the watermelon, and it works an absolute treat. First, the watermelon fan cuts the melon away from the rind. Then she cuts it into slices, and all without a knife.